Tamales

Tamales: Fast & Delicious Mexican Meals - Alice Guadalupe Tapp

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

I have always been a huge fan of Mexican food, especially tamales. And here in San Antonio, they are a HUGE deal. I have had some homemade ones that were absolutely delicious, so every time I see a friend of mine selling them, I grab a could of dozen. When I moved here, I had not eaten meat in several years and was very disappointed to find that people don't make vegetarian tamales - until I found cheese and jalapeño at our local grocery store. Talk about tamale heaven - SO good. Anyways, I have always wanted to learn to make them, but never was in the situation where I could. So when I found this on NetGalley, well, how could I not grab it up?

This book is full of creative recipes and beautiful pictures. There are even desert tamales!! Through her instructions, she has made what, from the outside world, looks really time-consuming and difficult, into something relatively easy to do (easier once you get some practice in) so that everyone can do them. And there are so many different kinds of tamales that there's bound to be one that you and your family will love - but I'm betting there ends up being way more than just one. This is a cookbook that I want on my shelf and I can't wait until the day of publication. :)