Year-Round Slow Cooker

Year-Round Slow Cooker: 100 Favorite Recipes for Every Season - Dina Cheney

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

I have a slow cooker and I must admit, I've used it around five times since I received it from a friend. And each time I made some sort of soup. I know that there are a lot of things that you can do with it - I just, for some reason, never pull it out and use it. When I saw this book on NetGalley, I decided to give it a read and find some recipes to make me pull that thing out of the pantry. (Note: I reviewed another book of her's, Meatless All Day, and enjoyed that one quite a bit as well.)

This book is really put together well. The recipes are divided into seasons so that you are eating foods you can find during that time. There are beautiful, full-page pictures for most of the recipes. The author includes several "slow cooker secrets" that are very informative. She also added in a small section of step-by-step guides with pictures that help you with more than just the recipes they focus on. This is definitely a cookbook I plan to utilize more, which I'm sure my ignored slow cooker thanks Ms Cheney for haha.