The Girl and the Clockwork Cat

The Girl and the Clockwork Cat (Entangled Teen) - Nikki McCormack

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

I am a huge fan of science fiction and steampunk, so when this came up for grabs from Entangled Teen, I had to give it a go. I've read several good books published from Entangled Publishing, but I must say that I like the Entangled Teen side the most. Yeah, it may have romance in the story, which I grudgingly read while mumbling under my breath (haha), but along with the adventure is a really great stories and I don't have to deal with the guy taking the gal to bed the first day they know each other or explicit sex scenes, so if you're into a cleaner romance, definitely check them out.

This is a really fun story full of adventure and "action" - something is always happening with Maeko and there are never any "dull" moments as she goes from one thing to the next (sometimes one trouble to the next). She's fun to read about and the characters that she shares the story with (Chaff, Ash, the pirates, the street rats, the cops) are really well written, even the ones who are only in the story for a short time. The murder mystery turned conspiracy is definitely one that keeps you thinking.

The cat - the cat is awesome. I mean, most cats are awesome, but this one is special - how can you get any cooler than a clockwork one :)

It came out today and (9.2.2014) and is being sold on Amazon for $0.99 (they usually put it on for a week or so for $0.99 before moving it up to full price), so hurry up and go pick up a copy of your own. :)