The Fall #1: The Dreamer

The Dreamer - May Nicole Abbey

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

This is one of those stories where you're not really sure how you feel about it.

About 56% in, the story gets intense, with lots of action, death, treasure and even romance. Up until that point, though, there are some very slow moments.

The basis of the story – her finding a way to go back in time, finding herself back in 1711 – is really exciting. I liked that the whole book was written as her journal, but I really disliked the main character. Every time I thought she was growing, learning … feeling … I ended up wrong, but in the end she became more than even she had imagined.

I like the way the whole thing ended. There were several times I was really worried about the outcome of some of the characters that I had grown to like. But everything was wrapped up in the end … which makes me wonder where book #2 in this series is going to take me.

Favorite characters: Captain Mallory Tucker AND Captain Frederik (I loved his personality).