Vibrant Food

Vibrant Food: Celebrating the Ingredients, Recipes, and Colors of Each Season - Kimberley Hasselbrink

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

I was attracted to this book from the cover and I'll admit that it was that and it being a cookbook - that was all I needed to pick this up from NetGalley. I love the idea of this book – "Celebrating the Ingredients, Recipes and Colors of Each Season" – and the things she says (and teaches) in this book. The photos are amazingly beautiful – the recipe photos AND the vegetables that are used in them. The recipe introductions are informative and made me want to try every recipe – they all sound delicious. In fact, I have a bunch of recipes marked that I will be trying soon.

My only issue with this book is that sometimes the cooking instructions are connected to the recipe introduction and placed before the ingredients AND sometimes the recipe introduction is connected to the cooking instructions and placed after the ingredients. This makes it an uncomfortable read and disrupts the flow.