Midnight: Century of the Vampires 1-3

Midnight: Century of the Vampires, Books 1-3 (Vampire Dystopia) - Ami Blackwelder

This had an interesting storyline with some creepy, heart pounding moments, but parts of the action just seemed boring and forced.  And the editing issues were really frustrating.

When she got sick, and the vampire who looked familiar to her began following her, it was pretty obvious where this was all headed, especially once Mark realized everyone was keeping secrets from him.  The conclusion was, in some ways, a surprise, but the characters weren't really created fully so, at times, I just didn't care what was happening to them.

I don't understand why the three novellas weren't written as just one novel.  Especially with the way they each end - the only reason we know the novella has ended, instead of just moving to another chapter, is because of the discussion questions at the end of each one.

That is one of the things I liked - the discussion questions.  BUT discussion questions show that this is written for a younger crowd, which makes me question WHY there is a sex scene (though glazed over) in the first novella.

This is the third series that I have read of Ami's in the last few weeks.  My favorite was Dumah's Demons (the short story in between book 1 and 2 in her Angelfire Chronicles series).  My least favorite was the Zombie Housewives series.  This series falls in between those two, but I think editing and better writing could have made it a lot better than what it is.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.