Bewitched in Oz

Bewitched in Oz - Laura J. Burns

When I found this book on NetGalley, I became super excited - I mean, it's a book set in Oz - how could I not want to read this?  Then I saw some of the reviews on a few book social networks and it made me sad - a couple of people disliked it so much that they gave it a 1 star.  Well, I completely disagree.

This book was so much fun and, yeah, it was written for younger people, but that was part of what was so much fun about it.  I really enjoyed the adventure they undertook and the people they met along the way.  And, as usual with Oz books, there are some lessons learned, some things that happen that make the characters rethink actions they had taken.  To be honest, the adventures and plot twists made this story even more exciting than I had expected (after reading those reviews).  And you'll never believe who the "bad guy" turns out to be.  But it leaves you wanting so much more, sets it up nicely for a second book with its nod at adventures yet to come.  I can't wait!!

Note: I received a copy of this from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Source: http://the-gal-in-the-blue-mask.blogspot.com/2014/04/bewitched-in-oz.html