Earthbound Angels 1: Oracle of Philadelphia

Oracle of Philadelphia  - Elizabeth  Corrigan

From the moment I heard about this book, I knew I wanted to read it.  When the email came from Red Adept Publishing about the Raising Chaos Tour, I jumped at the chance, now having a reason to spend $5.99 on this book.  Boy was I surprised when I received the information from the tour and it included BOTH this book and Rising Chaos (thanks guys!! :D).

This book was every bit as good as I thought it would be - and then some.  It is one of those books that I just could not put down - and if I could rate it over 5 stars, I totally would.  One of my favorite books of 2014 so far (and this is impressive since I've read over 100 at this point).

Angels, demons, an oracle who knows what's going on in other people's minds - a new look at not only the characters, but also some Bible stories that I know quite well (i.e. Cane and Abel).  Her character build up was amazing.  The book was well researched and those Bible stories - very uniquely re-written.  Every page keeps you wanting more and the choices of the different characters throughout were ones that I didn't expect.  I like the way the flashbacks are done as well - very smooth.

Let's talk about characters.  When it comes to the heroine - I either absolutely love them or completely despise them (usually the ones I hate are the ones that everyone else seems to love - I get frustrated with the beautiful, can't see how gorgeous she really is, everyone fawning all over her, acts ditsy heroine that seem to be in a lot of books these days).  Carrie is amazing!!  She's intelligent, has been through a lot and is willing to do what she has to in order to make things right.  There are no silly love triangles either, which is a definite plus.

My favorite character by far is Bedlam.  He cracks me up, makes me think and I don't think the story would have been near as good without him there.  Him and Carrie just have a chemistry that is very well written and throughout the story you feel like you're actually there in the room watching as the conversations and events take place.

It is very rare for me to love every character in a book, but in this book, every single one is so well-written that you just can't help it.  Even the "bad guys" have endearing qualities and there were several that I wish I could have known more about.

An excellent book that I recommend to everyone.  It has a little bit of everything for everyone - fantasy, scary moments, adventure, action...

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.