The "TMI" Tag

Peace Love Books did this and it looked really cool.  She had some awesome answers, so I hope mine are as awesome as her's. :)

Here we go.....

1: What are you wearing?

A sky blue v-neck tee and these black athletic shorts that go down to my knees that I love cause they are super comfy, but my mom says I should have thrown away years ago :D  Oh oh and one purple sock with stripes and one green sock with polka dots - cause that's how I do things. :p

2: Ever been in love?

In love?  Nah.  Thought I was once.  Thought it was stupid love.  Turned out to just be stupid haha.

3: Ever had a terrible breakup?

I have the worst taste in men so, yeah, you can say I've had one or two.

4: How tall are you?

5 foot 3 AND 3/4 :D

5: How much do you weigh?

There are two things you never ask a lady *hands on hips* - how old they are and how much they weigh.  (More than I should, but I'm currently working on that.  Sort of.  At times.  When I remember/feel like it haha.)

6: Any tattoos?

Yup.  6.

7: Any piercings?

I have several in my ears - an industrial, a cartilage piercing and one in my ear lobe of my right ear, two cartilage piercings and one in my ear lobe on my right.  Used to have my tongue done.  Used to have other things done too.  Yeah, you probably don't want to know.

8: OTP?

(One true pairing) That's what OTP stands for?  Oh wait, it says OTP not OPP oooohhhh (I probably just horribly aged myself, but I guess that's ok cause down further I have to tell you how young I am :p).  I have no idea.  I'm not really into romance and crap like that.  Hmm.... Columbo and his wife.  They were PERFECT together, even though you never got to see her.  Oh and Jessica Fletcher and her husband.  He died before the show began, but she really did love him.

9: Favorite show?

This is not an easy question.  I love British mystery series so I'll name a few of those: Hercule Poirot, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (that's Australian), Foyle's War, George Gentley.  (Let's see how many of you have any clue what I'm talking about.)

10: Favorite bands?

My taste in music is as wide as my taste in books, so I'll list the few that are always on the list: Metallica, Barenaked Ladies, Fozzy, Huey Lewis & the News, Beatles.

11: Something you miss? .

My nieces.  It's like a piece of me is missing.  I miss my dad too.  I guess neither of those are actually "something" but I don't usually miss physical things.

12: Favorite song?

Wow!!  That's like asking me my favorite book haha.  DW Washburn by The Monkees.

13: How old are you?

21.  I can say this because when I was younger my mother was ALWAYS 21.  It didn't really clue in to me that her age never changed until I was around 15.  When I turned 21, she turned 25.  When I turned 25, she went back to 21 haha.  I'm 36.  Will be 37 in a few months.  But I still feel 21 - and I don't look 36.

14: Zodiac sign?

Aries and, unlike Peace Love Books, I am VERY MUCH an Aries.

15: Quality you look for in a partner?

Someone who can have a conversation with me and who doesn't mind that I'm a little odd.  Someone who will like/love me completely, eccentricities and all.

16: Favorite Quote?

Ugh.  There's another one of those things that are hard to answer.  Ugh.  Ummmm... *fidgets* uh... *stares at the ceiling* I got it!!  It's a line from a movie (extra points if you know what it is) that I loved when I was a little younger than I am now (but apparently I'm one of the few that did).  Quick backstory on the movie - when I worked at Space Center Houston, we had an after-hours party with staff from both SCH and Johnson Space Center (JSC).  We had to dress up as a character from a movie or TV show that people thought I reminded them of.  This movie was suggested to me and I had never seen it, but fell in love with it when I did.  Anyways --- "It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down."  (I use it a lot.)

17: Favorite actor?

The first two that I like that I can think of right now are Ian McKellen and Alan Rickman (God, I love Alan).

18: Favorite color?

The same color as my eyes - anyone?  anyone?  I also love purple (Ris's color) and pink (Idgie's color)

19: Loud music or soft?

I like all kinds of music so it really depends on what my mood is at the time.

20: Where do you go when you're sad?

My own little world.  I know that sounds silly, but that's what I do.  I close myself off in my room (maybe the answer should be my room) and write and write and write and write until I just can't write anymore.  Then I go out on my porch (so the answer could be my porch too) and read.  It makes me feel better and forget about the thing that made me sad.  I'm not really a crier so...

21: How long does it take you to shower?

It depends on 1) how good the water feels and 2) how many times I get bugged while I'm in there.  Typically - about 15 minutes.  I will finish washing and just stand under the water.  I can get done in 5 minutes, though, if someone (namely my roommate/mom) bugs me enough.

22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Most of the time I don't bother with makeup or anything, so really not that long.  Shower, clean clothes, deal with my hair - maybe 25 minutes, if that.  If I'm getting gussied up, though, that could take me around an hour (I get sidetracked and will end up wandering around, not cause I'm one of those girls that just takes forever).

23: Ever been in a physical fight?

Yes.  Twice.  Both times with my sister.  I used to take her crap when growing up - and I guess I still did until we stopped talking - but there was a Thanksgiving in particular where she was so nasty to me that the guy that had come over to spend it with me and my family (he really wasn't worth it in the end cause he was sleeping with all of my "friends," but at the time I was interested in him) ended up leaving.  Then she came into my mom's room (I was in there talking to mom about what happened) and mouthed off and I just turned on her.  It's the joke now - she tells people I tried to bite her finger off, I tell the same people she shouldn't have stuck her damn hand in my mouth.  I pummeled her, my brother-in-law got involved and got whacked a couple of times for it.  Mom just sat there (I was sure I was going to be in HUGE trouble, but it never happened).  The other time was because she again decided to be an ass and open her mouth and I was defending my nieces.

24: Turn on?

Intelligence.  I'm not really a person that has a "type."  But there are things I like about a guy - like shoulders *happy sigh* cause strong arms make for great hugs - but someone who's intelligence and has a little bit of that nerd factor, yeah, that works for me :)  I am not a fan of hair, but I do like facial hair if it's done correctly.

25: Turn off?

"Smokers and big drinkers and druggies. Huge turn off.  Especially when a guy is drunk or high and just acting like an idiot. UGH." <- This is the answer Peace Love Books gave.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  I also don't like people who are mean to others.

26: The reason I joined Booklikes?

It's pretty (that's my reason for a lot of things haha).  I like that it's easier to have a conversation here then it is on Goodreads.  I mean, there are things I don't like about here, but I love the friends that I have made here and I hope to make more.

27: Fears?

My biggest fear is to be afraid.  There are things that I always considered "weaknesses" (being scared, crying) and I try very hard not to be weak.  I do have a thing about mirrors.  First, I watched all of the Poltergeist movies when I was like 13 or 14 IN A ROOM that had mirrors everywhere.  Yup.  That will mess you up.  I also have had quite a few dreams where I've been pulled through a mirror into a bad place.  Needless to say, when I go pee in the middle of the night, I do everything to avoid the mirror in there.

28: Last thing that made you cry?

I allowed myself to like someone.  He ended up being like all the rest.  Considering I haven't opened up and let anyone in since my ex (not because I was hung up on my ex, but because I just didn't want to deal with anyone's crap again), me letting him in was a big deal and he knew it.  *shrugs*  It hit me hard.  The end.

29: Last time you said you loved someone?

About 30 minutes ago - to my mom.

30: Meaning behind your Booklikes Name?

I use a lot of words.  (As if anyone following me doesn't know this.)  The joke has always been that "Stephen King I am."  Anyways, words to me are a safe haven, like a temple or church is.  Hence, A Temple of Words.

31: Last book you read?

Doyle's Law by Bob Moats.  Finished it earlier.

32: The book you're currently reading?

Haha I started to answer this in the question above.  Follie's Past - it's a prequel to Pride & Prejudice.

33: Last show you watched?

Smackdown.  I watched yesterday's earlier on HuluPlus.

34: Last person you talked to?

My mom.

35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?

God, I sound pathetic.  That would have been my mom too.  She's, um, my mom.  The parental unit.

36: Favorite food?

Favorite KIND of cuisine would be Thai, Chinese and Indian.  Favorite TYPE of food would be sweets - how do you think I got my lovely figure :D  Favorite ACTUAL food would be macaroni & cheese, peanut butter and cheesecake.  No, not all mixed together.  Gross. :p

37: Place you want to visit?

I want to visit Ireland the most (my mom's Grandparents came to the US from there and I would like to learn more about my history).  I also would like to go to Germany (my dad's side is German and Irish), England (cause I love anything English) and Australia.

38: Last place you were?

Before home, at the park down the road.

39: Do you have a crush?

Not a serious one.  I do have a thing for gingers and I'll leave it at that haha.

40: Last time you kissed someone?

Romantically kissed?  So long ago that I've probably forgotten how to.  To show affection?  I kissed my mom on the cheek last night before I headed to my room.

41: Last time you were insulted?

Actually insulted or offended because I thought I was being insulted?  Um... I don't know.  I guess it's been awhile for both.  My mom makes stupid mom comments, and boy do they make me mad, but I don't take them seriously anymore.

42: Favorite flavor of sweet?

Chocolate.

43: What instruments do you play??

Drums.  Like Animal.

44: Favorite piece of jewellery?

I have a couple of pairs of earrings that I love, but I only wear them when I plan to go somewhere that isn't the grocery store or regular errands.  I also have some brooches that were my mom's.

45: Last sport you played?

Does Hide 'n' Seek count as a sport when you play it with a 3 year old?  That was the last "athletic" thing that I did that wasn't being bored on my elliptical.  It was in the laundry room.  She was cute and I was bored.  And I don't think the poor thing gets a lot of attention at home.

46: Last song you sang?

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night when I saw Batista walk to the ring wearing sunglasses.  No no that wasn't it.  I was singing "Easy" (you know "Easy like Sunday morning...") by Lionel Richie earlier when mom had it playing on iHeart Radio in her room.

47: Favorite chat up line?

I have the BEST.ONE.EVER.  Ok.  (This was actually used on me.)  *picture a really thick country drawl*  "Baby, if everybody here were boogers - I'd pick you."  (He didn't like my reply: "That's snot funny.")

48: Have you ever used it?

Yes actually.  Not seriously.  Just joking around about the guy that used it on me.  Had some nice conversations and got a few phone numbers all because of that poor fella haha.

49: Last time you hung out with anyone?

Other than my mom?  Hahaha *shakes head and sighs* I really am pathetic.  Earlier this week I had coffee with some friends.

50: Who should answer these questions next?

All my friends should.  It was fun :)