The Symbol of Hope 3: The Symbol of Hope

Symbol of Hope - Marisette Burgess

Well, we have now come to the end of the story for Kasey, Dion and his brothers.  It is now time for her to go up against the three main gods (Zeus, Poseidon and Hades) - and it's not going to be an easy feat.

This was my favorite of the three books - much more adventure and action, several twists in the story and you learn a lot more about who the brothers are and what they have gone through in their lives (especially Sam, John and Antony).  You see more of the gods and goddesses - and find out what they are capable of, even though they have been banished to earth without all the powers that they had before.  There are some scary moments, where I caught my breath, hoping that nothing bad would happen to the group - and there's also sadness in this book as well.  Marisette did a very good job of concluding this series.

Without giving away parts of the story (if you've read the first two, then you know in what direction the relationship between Kasey and Dion are going already), I do want to say that I love that Marisette remembered that this is a YA story when it came to the passion and romance between the two.  Dion is very big on no sex until he's married and any descriptions of such matters are left purely to your imagination.  (Some YA authors forget that young people are reading this and put way too much sex into their books for my taste.  This one was different and I liked that a lot).

Marisette, I hope you write more - I would love to read something else from you :)

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review and was part of The Symbol of Hope Blog Tour. :)

(The source is the link to the review on my blog.  On there I spoke a little more about the characters in the story.)

Source: http://the-gal-in-the-blue-mask.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-symbol-of-hope.html