Blood Hunter 3: Death Defying

Death Defying  - Nina Croft

During this month, I have been reading a few books that are part of my goal to take myself out of my "I hate romance" shell and give a few things a try.  Seeing that this was based mostly on Science Fiction and Space - in the future, vampires, werewolves and other such creatures - I decided it couldn't be that bad (haha).  I must say, the romance part of it wasn't actually as gross as I thought it would be :)

This is the third in the series and, in all honesty, the only one I've read.  The author did a decent job at making this story stand alone (which I think is something that other authors fail out) - there were no places I was confused, but plenty of places that made me want to go back and read the first two.

There were some issues, but on the whole I found it to be enjoyable.  I grew attached to the members of El Cazador's crew and even Callum as well.  (The change that came over him during his time on the ship was really well done.)  They were all completely different, yet so much like a family and the emotions they felt when one was hurting was really well written.  I like the ending, but at the same time it felt like it all ended just a little too easily.  I sure hope the series continues because there is much more that I want to know.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.