Seeing by Moonlight

Seeing by Moonlight - M.F. Thomas, Nicholas Thurkettle

Once I saw the cover to this book and saw that it has German history and World War II mixed in, I knew I had to read this book.  Ever since I was little, I have had an interest in the wars that have occurred throughout the history of humankind (maybe it was because this was my dad's thing, maybe just because I find the things that have happened both sad and interesting, wanting to know why people would do the evil that they had done) - especially this war.

The adventure in this book, the things that this man (Alex) has learned about Germany and his family, the people that he meets along the way, the things that he doesn't know but we see happening, all lead to a very interesting and well-written story.  I enjoyed this book immensely, though, at the beginning, before I was sure of everyone's names, the switching around was a little confusing and I had to go back and re-read some things in order to be sure that we were talking about who I thought we were talking about.  That aside, this is a really great book and, from around 40% on, there are just a lot of wow moments, as he gets closer and closer to "the truth."  I would highly recommend this book to people who are interested in the war and those things that conspiracy theorists insist are true.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.