The Symbol of Hope 2: Jar of Pandora

Jar of Pandora - Marisette Burgess

This is the second book in The Symbol of Hope series and I really enjoyed it.  In fact, I enjoyed it more than the first one and, in all honesty, more than I thought I would.  See, I'm not a fan of love triangles and Kasey and I, well, we would never be friends.  She's just sometimes SO annoyingly immature, especially for someone who's supposed to be a grown-up 19 year old, who had all of these responsibilities since she was young, including helping to raise her brother.  When she is trying to portray herself as self-less, she really comes across as selfish - and her family comes across the same way.  (I must say that she IS getting a lot better, especially by the end of the book.)  Another character I'm not fond of is Teal.  He is rude and his behavior bugs me to no end ... BUT my opinion changed of him as well as I read further into the book.

The adventures in this book are much more fun - and more vivid.  There were moments that made me sad and moments where I was proud of how brave she was, how brave that Dion and his brothers were.  The characters are much more in this one too - much more real.

I cannot wait to start on book #3 and see what happens next.  They way Marisette set the ending up on this one, it makes you just want to literally jump into #3 to find out the end of the story.  (But at the same time I am a little sad that it will end.)

While book #1 received a 4 star from me, this one I'm back and forth between a 4 and a 5 on.

I do want to point out that there are some editing issues with this book - not enough that it will ruin the story for you, but enough to need to be mentioned.  I've brought it to the attention of the author and hopefully she will fix this.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review as part of the blog tour.