The Immortal Game 1: The Immortal Game

The Immortal Game - Joannah Miley

Before I start with my review, let me tell you that it is THIS book that has made me decide that, from now on, I'm basing my book buying by title, cover and genre alone.  I will admit fully that I did not read the description of this book - something just made me say "Yeah, I'll review this for you."  So, I picked up the book and, because I had not read the description, at 21% I was like "Wait, WHAT?!?!"  It was like opening an unexpected gift on Christmas, a surprise visitor, a seriously happy moment that occurs completely out of the blue during the worst day ever ... it.was.beautiful.

I love mythology.  Zeus, Hades, Poseidon ... you mention them and I'm there.  This book has it all - and a lot of other fun characters.  I like the take on mythology this one has and the storyline itself is not only interesting, but keeps your attention, even with the slow bits.  There are times when you have an idea of what could possibly happen, but then when it does happen, you're half I knew it, half wow.  Definitely an interesting book and one a series I plan to continue.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.