Kitty Castle: Valentines

Kitty Castle: Valentines - Celeste Thiessen

I am a big kid at heart (probably why all the little ones think I'm the Coolest.Adult.Ever) - I color, watch cartoons, love playing hide-n-seek - and find all kinds of cool books to share.  If it's a kid book and it looks interesting - I'm there.  I had been looking at Kitty Castle: Halloween (considering getting it for next year) when I found out about an r2r for this book.  It's almost Valentine's Day - the little girls love cats - let's go.

I have to say - I was a little disappointed.  And I don't really look at these books from an adult's point of view (I don't nitpick the grammar or any of that jazz) - I try to enjoy it just like I would have when I was young (it's more enjoyable that way).  This one had kitties (yay!), dragons (double yay!) and even a leprechaun (YAY!).  And absolutely no pictures.  How sad.  This book could have been WAY better with pictures.  It would have kept their attention (and mind) a lot more - and the kids were a little ho-hum about the whole thing.

It was a cute story, though.  I give the author that.  But just not cute enough for the little ones and that's who it was written for.

I still might give the Halloween one a chance.  I don't know yet.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.