The Adventures of Jake & Moon Granny: Space Pirate Panic

The Adventures of Jake and Moon Granny: Space Pirate Panic - Jaye Seymour

Working with children (and having a mother that does too), I am always looking for the next good YA or Children's Adventure to share with them.  When I come across the chance to read a kids' book for an r2r, I grab it up, no matter what it's about - and I share it every time with a little group of kids I would gladly keep as mine.

Space, Aliens, a cool Grandma with pink hair and an adventure ... how could this possibly go wrong?

It DID not, is all I can say.  I love the artwork (great job Ms Martinez) and the book is just a lot of fun.  The characters are awfully goofy and that makes it even more fun.  The kids I read it to were laughing and laughing - and that's always a good sign - and, to be honest, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to know what will happen next and how they will save Great Uncle Raymond from the Space Pirates.

The book eludes to other adventures that Jake and Moon Granny went on so I really am hoping *fingers crossed* that Ms Seymour continues on with this fun adventure.  I know a couple of kids who would like to read another adventure :D

Note: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.