Birthday and shtuffff...

So, I just celebrated my 41st birthday a couple of days ago, and I celebrated it in the most awesome place I could think of - Disney World.  My mother's birthday is two days before mine, and it was so amazing being able to spend the week with her and at the happiest place on earth.  So many people wished us a happy birthday (you get a pin with your name on it saying that it's your special day) and people at restaurants went above and beyond to make sure that it was a great one for us.  The hotel even surprised us with a balloon, a card, and two Minnie Mouse mugs full of candy and sweet treats when we came back from our first day at the parks.  It truly was wonderful and I plan on spending every birthday there haha.

I liked it so much, that I'm going back for a few days in May.  Shh... I haven't told anyone yet haha.

Because of the vacation, I decided that this month would be about reading "Disney" books.  Unfortunately, if you saw the rant, the one about Walt Disney (Walt Before Mickey) turned out to be truly awful, but I read Isle of the Lost (the first in the Descendants series, which apparently has become a Disney animated series that I had never heard about before) and have just begun Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen.

It feels great to read again.   Like, I can't even put in words how great it is... to be able to just sit there and read and read and before I know it, it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm 67% of the way through.  I hope that this continues.

I just found out that the author I recently finished an edit with liked my way of doing things so much that he wants me to edit his next book, the second of a series he's been working on, and I should be receiving the manuscript next month.

I can't tell you how much this makes my day.  Editing is something I have wanted to do since I was very little, something that I got an education for (and I continue my education yearly, something I don't have to do, but choose to do).  It's a hard thing to do, though, in times like these where anyone and everyone can say they are an editor, with no education, just because they wrote a book or decided that they might like to make money "reading."  It's absolutely lovely to have someone I worked with be so excited to have me edit again.  (I've had authors continue to use me before, but this one had so much praise for me and my work, that I just can't stop smiling.)

Speaking of editing, every year since I began Hyde 'n' Seek Editing, I have offered a birthday discount to anyone interested.  It started a few days before we went to Orlando, and ends at 11:59pm on the 22nd, though I might extend it a bit, just to make sure no one misses out.  I've had a few takers, but if y'all know anyone interested in getting their manuscripts edited, please pass on my information to them.  They can find me on Hyde 'n' Seek's business page on Facebook, message me on my personal page there, contact me here, or email me at hyde.n.seek.editing@gmail.com.  The discount is 12% because my birthday is the 12th, which may not seem like very much, but if you do the math, a 100,000 word manuscript would cost $900 with me, but during the sale, it would be $792, which is a nice savings.

I want to say that it is getting easier and easier to come back here, and I appreciate everyone making me feel welcome again.  I've even spent some time on Goodreads, and feel more and more comfortable in both places.  Boy have I missed these places.