REVIEW: Hunter of the Dead

Hunter of the Dead - Stephen Kozeniewski

I am a huge fan of vampires - books, movies - and feel great disappointment when they fall flat. When this came across my desk, I was both excited and a little weary. I am a big fan of Stephen Kozeniewski's writing... and definitely had high hopes with this one.

This was, hands down, an amazing vampire book. It was different, but gave me that warm feeling I get when I read about authentic vampires. You know what I'm talking about. The ones that are pompous and vicious, who have no soul and don't care... the depraved and evil ones. All wrapped up with that sarcasm I love from Stephen's characters.

Cicatrice is my favorite in the book. He reminds me a lot of Viktor from Underworld, but with enough differences to make me truly intrigued. Carter, the Vampire Hunter, is perfect. Both are extremely well written.

And the one targeting the vampires?! Just wow.

There is action and adventure. There is heart-pounding, suspense-filled moments... that all end in ways that you don't expect them to. And the end of the book left me wanting so much more from this story. So good. And a definite NEED TO READ for this holiday season.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.