REVIEW: I Crumpled My Paper, Now What?

I Crumpled My Paper, Now What?: Tidbits From An Entrepreneur Still In Training - Allison De Meulder

Having started my own business a time or two in my lifetime, I'm always curious how others do it, and the story that goes with it. Allison De Meulder is the person behind Invitation Consultants and Matrick & Eve, two companies that have really grown since their inception. When her book came across my desk, I knew that I had to give it a read - How could I not? This lady is amazing!

Do keep in mind that this is not a how-to book. It is more a story of how she got to where she is. You learn about her business acumen and her mindset, and she offers a lot of information on how SHE did it, things that could work in any business. I especially enjoy her "Note to self" sections that she has throughout the book, showing us that every entrepreneur makes mistakes and learns from them.

The book is broken down into easily readable sections, with chapter names that make you think, and once you're done with each you realize just how well it was named. As I read, I felt like I was having a conversation with a good friend, rather than reading her words on paper, and she kept my attention to the very end (something I've found other business books do not do). I found her words inspiring.

I would definitely recommend this book to any woman who already has a business or who is working to start one. Some of the things she has learned along the way may help you.

Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. This review is my opinion based on my interpretation of the book.