Sharani 2: Storms

Storms (Sharani Series Book 2) - Kevin L. Nielsen

I want to point out that I did not read the first book in this series. I was asked to do a review on this book, and so jumped ahead, which is something I don't usually do. I do plan on going back to read the first book, though, in order to get the full story, but I feel that this book gave enough information about things that happened before the events in this book, never once leaving me confused.

I enjoyed this book. The story was intriguing, the history of the Orinai and Rahuli (which they discover throughout this book) was in-depth and compelling, the characters were likable (some a little more so than others, but each drove the story further on, especially as they grew), and I had a good time reading about their adventure.

There were some editing issues throughout, and I expected more action in their adventure, what with all the talk of what is to come and the feelings/vibes they were getting, but it was a good YA book, and I plan to read the next one in the series when it comes out. The ending, at one point, seemed a little easy, but it has left me wanting to know what is to come next, and that's always a good thing from a second book.

Note: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.