Sentinels

Sentinels - Matt Manochio

I have been looking forward to this book, so when Erin approached me about being part of his blog tour, there was no way I could turn it down. And it was well worth the wait. I really enjoyed the story, holding my breath with anticipation from start to finish, and had the hardest time putting it down, reading late into the night. The story has some great characters and, as always, Matt is on point with the pacing of the story - nothing ever seems rushed and the story plays out perfectly. And the way he does fear - wow! I was creeped out by several parts of the story, but the characters and events came back into my mind once the lights were off, creeping me out a second time - nicely done! Definitely a must read.

There was just one problem, one that to others may not be a big deal, but to me became bothersome. There were several errors throughout (missing words, not enough research on the way people spoke at the time, etc) and even though it didn't stop me from finishing the story, they did become irritating the further I got into the story. To be honest, it was rather disappointing.