When All Balls Drop: The Upside of Losing Everything

When All Balls Drop: The Upside of Losing Everything - Heidi Siefkas

Heidi had a life she was very happy with - she traveled around the world with her job, and was happily married to a man that she was deeply in love with. Things were going perfectly, until the day that she found out not everything in her life was as it seemed and, when heading out the door to go for a walk to calm herself and get her mind straight, a branch from a tree fell on top of her. The results: a severe head injury and a broken neck. The next thing she remembers is waking up in a hospital, a couple of days later, with her husband and crying mother at her side.

This is Heidi's story, not only discussing her pain and how terrible it was for her to have to depend on others, but how she was able to get through it all and find a new meaning to life.

I really enjoyed this book and am so glad that I read it. It made me rethink a lot of things that have happened in my past and how I handled them. Seeing the way she braved through heartache and physical pain, and the things she learned from that, was really empowering and I gained a lot of perspective from her story.

"We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire."

Source: http://the-gal-in-the-blue-mask.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-when-all-balls-drop-with-new-eyes.html