One Night Is All You Need

One Night Is All You Need: A Short Story - Kimberly G. Giarratano

I am a big fan of short stories. It's a great way to see if you're going to like the writing style of an author that you're checking out, and a nice way to relax in between novels.

Or so I thought...

I was already familiar with Kimberly's writing when I came upon this book on Amazon - and how could I say no to a free short story? It had been sitting on my Kindle, just waiting to be read, when I decided a few days ago to "crack the spine."

I should have known that it was going to bring on the feels.

Margot is feeling a little lonely now that her older sister is going away to college, and a little stifled by her mother when they decide to stay in Florida a little longer. While they are out one hot evening getting a tour of Old Town Key West, Margot meets a handsome and charismatic boy named Sam. And that's just the beginning of the story...

This story was really good. In just a few pages, a well written and eventful story is told. She really describes Key West perfectly - the weather, the sights - it was honestly like being there again. The characters were well done and I enjoyed reading about them and their adventure on the streets of Key West.

At the time this review is written, this short story is free on Amazon.