Grunge Gods & Graveyards 2: The Lady in Blue

The Lady in Blue: A Grunge Gods and Graveyards Mystery - Kimberly G. Giarratano

I was really impressed with the first book in the Grunge Gods & Graveyards series, Grunge Gods & Graveyards, so I was excited about reading this one. And once I picked it up, I could not put it down.

As with the first book, this story revolves around the Bloom family, and the fact that some of them can see and speak to the dead. Liz is going to school for criminology and wants to help her Great Aunt finally be able to find out who murdered her, and move to the other side, before it's too late. Lana (who is the one that tells the story, and also was in the first book) wants to know the truth, but at the same time, remembering the truth hurts her.

I've said this before - and I'm sure I'll say it again - but I absolutely love the way that Kimberly writes. She is so good at making the reader feel the emotions that the characters are feeling, whether the character be good or bad - and "bad" is a relative term. She has a way of keeping you interested in the story she is telling. Her words flow so smoothly that, before you know it, the story has come to an end and you're sitting there with these raw emotions. I laughed, I got angry, I cried ... an amazing story.

I really like both the characters of Liz and Lana. I like how the story is told from Lana's point of view, but it is Liz, with questioning that she learned in class, that pulls the story out of her. There's a lot of "flash backs" as Lana remembers what happened in the last weeks of her life, but it's not uncomfortable. In fact, it just feels right as you "go back in time" and see how things played out at the time. The similarities between Liz and Lana are apparent in their conversations, and the fact that they are both so willing to learn from each other is so nice to watch.

The end was both happy and sad. Not only is it the end of the book, it is the end of the story, as this series only has two books. As far as I'm concerned, she ended the story perfectly, and I can't wait to read the next book by this author.

At the time this review is written, this story is free on Amazon, and I would definitely recommend that my readers go and pick it up.