Making It

Making It - Amanda Gibbs

I must admit, when I received an email about reviewing this book, I wasn't so sure. I know we shouldn't judge a book by a cover, but it's true that we all do. I did not find the cover appealing. It did not draw me in like I expect a cover to do.

BUT. (There is always a but with me, isn't there?)

I'm glad that I took a chance on this book. It's cute. Heck, it's more than cute. I read the book in .pdf format, so I have no idea what the "real" layout actually is, and I don't know which stories were supposed to be poems and which were supposed to be just stories - to me they all looked like stories - but I really enjoyed each and every one of them. It was a "romance" that you don't normally see - a real life look at the way couples are with each other. I really liked both "characters" and how they reacted to each other in different situations, how real (I know I've used that word a couple of times now) their story was. If romance was like this, I might actually decide to start reading it.

A quick read and definitely enjoyable. Thanks, Amanda, for such a great book.

Note: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is based on my personal impressions of the book.