Chilton Crosse 1: Painting the Moon

Painting the Moon (Chilton Crosse) (Volume 1) - Traci Borum

I want to start off with saying that I am not a big romance book fan, but I am a big fan of Red Adept Publishing and have read several of the books they have published, either really liking or loving each one. When the email came in about this one, the book description sounded interesting and, having read no bad book by them yet, I decided to give it a try.

As a whole, I liked the story. It was cute and I found the characters interesting. I liked how the romance didn't just happen overnight, but things took a little time to see where they would/could go. I liked how it began and it was a surprisingly quick read. It reminded me a lot of a cozy mystery, a bit of light reading, with some twists and turns that were fun to read about. When this book was done, I was excited to move on to the second one.

I had a few problems, though. I thought it was just me with some of the British parts of the book, but after looking at some of the other reviews, I see that I am not the only one who noticed things that didn't seem quite right. (I'm not British, though, so maybe I'm wrong in my understanding.) Also, everything came so easily for the main character and, being considered "Women's Fiction" and "Contemporary Romance," I expected the whole thing to feel a little more realistic. (Not to say that everything comes easily, but, well, you have to read the story for that.)

There were some parts that I expected, and it didn't shock me that they were happening, but there were other parts that were unexpected.

Would I recommend it? Yeah. If you like cozy books, with a cute romance, this could be a good read for you.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my interpretation of the book.