Little Miss Somebody

Little Miss Somebody - Christy Lynn Abram

Nikki has had a tough time and has gone through a lot of horrible things in her short life. This is her story.

When I first received the email on this book, I wasn't sure. Some of the things that the author was going to be discussing in these pages were going to be tough things to read and I wasn't sure that I would be able to understand everything this girl was going through, but I went ahead and grabbed it up anyways.

After reading the book, I am so glad that I did. Even though Nikki and I grew up with different backgrounds, there were several things that she went through that I could relate to, especially stuff with her mom. I just wanted to hug this girl and take her home with me, show her the love and compassion that she so deserved to receive. I wanted to stop her from getting into some of the trouble she was getting herself into, take her to the side and tell her that these were things that she really didn't want to do, and even to hold her in my arms and cover her eyes and ears so she didn't have to witness the things that were happening in front of her and the things that were being said to her. This book made me cry, and there were moments that filled me with disappointment, not towards her, but towards the people that were supposed to protect her. But this book also gave me hope, hope that things would change for poor Nikki, that she would be able to get away and find what she was looking for - someone to love her and take care of her.

I will warn you now that this book may end, but the story does not. I know what you're thinking - I've thought it before. You don't want to pick up a book where the author is basically "making" you buy her next book. BUT. The book ends at the perfect time, at the perfect moment. There are conclusions on some points, and a little bit of happiness for poor Nikki. The author gives you a preview into the next book, and that made me want to read more of Nikki's story even more than I already did. To be honest, if the whole story had been one big book, it would have been too much - too much emotion for anyone to handle. Her breaking the book up gives the reader a chance to stop, to take in all she's read, to cry for this girl ... and to breathe.

Christy, you wrote a beautiful book here ... and I am honored that I was given the chance to read and review it. Please let me know when you get book #2 done - I would love to read it. I need to know more about Nikki and how things turn out for her. I felt like I was walking beside her in this story, and that is definitely a compliment towards you and your writing. This is something that I think every young girl should read, no matter what their background is, no matter the color of their skin, the city that they live in, whether they be rich or poor. Your book reminded me a lot of the books by Judy Blume that I loved reading when I was growing up. It (and they) showed that their is a lot going on in someone's life that you may not know about, and that hurt, pain and broken don't always show on someone's face and body.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.