The Dragonkin Trilogy 1: Wytchfire

Wytchfire - Michael Meyerhofer

I originally read this book about a year ago, but unfortunately life got in the way and I never ended up writing the review. When I saw that book two was coming out, I decided to sign up for the tour, no matter what setback life had for me this time. (Note: My cat died on me this morning. Life, darn you!! *shakes fist in fury*)

This has been one of the hardest reviews for me to write, mainly because everything that I want to say on the novel will be giving something away, and I would be doing the reader a disservice by not letting them experience each and every moment on their own.

I love Meyehofer's writing style. His storylines are creative. His words are eloquent. His characters are ones that pull you into the storyline ... and keep you in it. The setting is described so well that you almost feel like you're there. And something always happens that changes the story in a way you were not expecting.

I could not put this book down - during either read - and if you are into epic fantasy novels, especially ones that include dragons, this is definitely a book that you need to pick up AND Michael is an author you need to keep your eye on.

Well done. WELL DONE!!

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.