Birth of an Assassin 2: The Turkish Connection

The Turkish Connection - Rik Stone

Last year, I read the first book of the Birth of an Assassin series, Birth of an Assassin, for a blog tour and loved it. So, when I received an invitation from the same blog tour coordinator, specifically saying that he requested I be part of his blog tour for book two, I couldn't possibly say no. After reworking my schedule a little bit, I took the book on - and I am SO glad that I did.

The Turkish Connection was a great book. From the very beginning, I was wrapped up in Mehmet's story and could not put the book down. The things that this boy not only endured - but LIVED through - were shocking and heartbreaking, but at the same time, the adventure that he went on, and watching him become a man, were fascinating. The prologue, which contains the story of what leads Mehmut to where he is now, is creative and, when everything comes together in the end, I have no words.

Rik Stone has a way of writing that I love. He makes you feel like you are right there with the characters, going through what they go through, feeling what they feel, and it makes reading the stories he creates so much more believable and so much more, for lack of a better word, thrilling.

Even though I really liked Mehmet, I think my favorite character in the story was Senturk. He just wasn't like the other boys.

This book was definitely better than the first one and I can't wait to see what story comes next. A definite recommend for people who love thrillers, characters that you can really care for, and adventures that leave you unsure of where you are going until you finally get there.

Note: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my impression of the book.