Madame Lilly 2: Soulless

Madame Lilly, Voodoo Priestess: Soulless - Dormaine G.

The saga of Odara - now completely Madame Lilly - continues in book two of the series. She's not done with her common-law husband, Henry - not by a long shot. She continues toying with him, and allows Theolus and Hearon to do the same. She has big plans for him, and everyone else who is part of his world.

The story begins with Henry still held captive, and flips back and forth between what is currently happening in the story, and Madame Lilly remembering the things that lead her to where they are at now. Not a story I would recommend reading without the first book, the author does give us some looks back at what happened in the first part of the story, as well as a lot more information about her life, the people that she has grown close to (mainly her best friend Jina), the demons that are now in her control, and the depravity that Henry was capable of. This is a rather violent story, seeing not just abuse, but vengeance as well.

Madame Lilly is a different character from when we first were introduced to her and we are seeing so much more about why. We are also seeing what she is willing to do to keep the control she has, how far she is willing to go to be able to get what she wants most: retribution for what has happened to her.

The end of the book again left some things open, preparing you to continue the story in book three, and I was left wondering if anyone would be able to stop her, but also understanding her a little more, and intrigued at what the end of the story set us up for.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.