52 Weeks of Adventure & Discovery for Your Soul

Fifty-Two Weeks of Adventure and Discovery for Your Soul - Clara Penner

This was not only a very beautiful (physically) book, but the words it spoke inside of it were just as beautiful. Clara is very good at helping you see who you really are and sets of exercises for you to do to lead you along that journey. She really makes you think, and motivates you to actually do in order to change your life. As I said about her other book (Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart), Clara really does come across as if she is a friend and wants to take this journey with you. Those are the kind of self-help books I like - where you know that the author has been where you are and wants to help you find the love for yourself and your life that she has found.

In this book, she talks a little about her father, and his last days on this earth. The story made me sad because I, too, lost my father - unfortunately, we did not have the warning that her and her family had and were unable to spend his last days with him. To see the love that she had for him, her family, and herself, was a wonderful thing and I really enjoyed reading her words and working through the exercises that she provides. With the death of her father, she learned that not everyone is promised a tomorrow and that, in putting off the things that we want to do - long to do - we are putting off ourselves.

This book was created to be more than just a book. It can actually be a journal (or even scrapbook) just for you, with pages that are designed for you to keep track of all the adventures that you go on.

The only problem I had with the book is that there were lots of editing issues, enough that, at times, it took away from the story she was trying to tell, and ruined the beauty of the book. I hope she can go back and fix those so that people will not be turned off within her first few chapters because the book is definitely worth sticking out until the very end.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.