Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart

Gentle Steps on the Journey of a Healing Heart: Living Joyfully Through Rocky Times - Clara Penner

I've said this before and I'll most likely say it again, but I have a fascination with self-help books. I know that there are some that are just the same thing with different covers, but I always feel like I can learn at least a little bit from each author and the story that they share.

This self help book is a little different. Clara shares the story of her son, who was born with hemophilia, and the journey that her and her family went through because of this. She also shares how she (and the others) began to heal. It is a beautiful story, very sad, but the way the author tells it is just amazing. She is such a strong woman, very brave.

At the end of each chapter, she talks to you about some of the things that they learned, and gives you some exercises to help you begin to heal from whatever you are going through as well. What I liked most about this is that you didn't have to be going through the same journey to understand where she was coming from and what she was trying to teach you. In fact, she encourages you on almost every page to go through whatever journey YOU need to go through. And she does so in a beautiful and very caring way, as if she is a close friend of yours who wants to see you living a happy life.

I think this is a good book for anyone who is trying to get a little more insight into themselves. The exercises seem very easy, but once you get answering the questions, and really thinking about them, you realize that they are not as easy as they seem. Great work, Clara. I enjoyed this book immensely.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.