The Stupid Nerdy Notebook: The High Five Collection

The Stupid Nerdy Notebook Vol 1-3: The High Five Collection - Chris  Garrett

"We all have battles to face and sometimes the best defense is pen and paper."
~Chris Garrett

When Sage suggested I read this book, I was intrigued. And the cover definitely caught my attention! I've always been intrigued by poetry and song writing, but became disheartened at a young age with the lovey-dovey nonsense that I kept being suggested. This is the kind of stuff I've always wanted to read. Starting with the first poem, I was pulled into this book and had a hard time putting it back down again.

Now, I do want to "warn" you that this is not your "typical" book of poetry. As Chris says in his book description, "The Stupid Nerdy Notebook is the poetic struggle of a teenage boy trying to understand the world and why things happen the way life intends." I could say it's full of "angst," but even that would not do it justice. It's just ... there are no words. It's THAT good.

This is definitely a book I recommend to high school kids ... and to adults who hold so many things inside unspoken.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.  Please remember that this review is my opinion based my personal impressions of the book.