Into a Million Pieces

Into a Million Pieces - Angela V. Cook

The idea of this being a Young Adult book about twin succubi really caught my attention, and I was just as interested in the story as I was in how she did it. You see, I love the Young Adult genre, but I get a little miffed when I'm reading something that is CLEARLY not appropriate for young adults. I know, I know - young adults are also people in their early 20s - but there are a lot of teenagers that read this genre and, well, I think that if you want to add a lot of sex and stuff to your book, you might as well just label it adult.

Not only was this a clean read, but it was really well written and kept me hooked from page one all the way to the end. The story itself was very interesting. And different - to be honest, I don't think I've ever run across a fantasy about a succubus, and I read a lot of fantasies. It also kept me guessing, which is something that I look for in books that I read - I want to be surprised and have unexpected things thrown at me, and this author definitely had a few cards up her sleeve.

The characters are great. I felt a connection with both Allison and Jade, but I especially related to Allison. Several of the other characters reminded me of people that I knew when I was growing up, some good and some bad. What was really great about the characters was, after seeing the way they interacted with Allison and/or Jade, you really understood who they were.

If you are looking for a young adult fantasy with a DIFFERENT paranormal twist, this is one you should take a look at. And even better - there's a sequel to this book coming soon. :)

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.