Mentor Me: GA=T+E

Mentor Me: GA=T+E- A Formula to Fulfill Your Greatest Achievement - Ken Poirot

For anyone who follows my reviews, my obsession with self-help books is not really a secret, but I'll share it again here: I have this thing about personal growth and read a lot of self help books. Now, I know what you're thinking - so many of them are all the same. That's true, but there are a lot of them that are different, or at the very least share things in a different way.

I think this book falls under the latter. I found this book to be very motivational - not only does it tell you what you can do to transform your life and the steps you need to take, but it gives you activities to do, encourages you to do them, and each activity empowers you. I actually felt like Ken was standing there, tapping his foot with his arms crossed over his chest, waiting for me to do what he told me to do. And I'm thankful for that. Sometimes you need a gentle push, other times you need a shove ... and he's there when both are needed.

I read the book through in it's entirety, highlighting some interesting things along the way, then came back and did half of the activities so far and I have to say - I feel better for it. This is a self help book that I suggest others read.

"I have found we can learn something from just about anyone, if we approach others with an open mind, take the time to get to know them, seek out, and listen for what they can teach us."

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my personal impressions of the book.