Babette: The Many Lives, Two Deaths & Double Kidnapping of Dr. Ellsworth

Babette: The Many Lives, Two Deaths and Double Kidnapping of Dr. Ellsworth - Ross Eliot, Lane Browning

When Sage sent me the information on this book, I was immediately drawn in by the cover and the full title - Babette: The Many Lives, Two Deaths & Double Kidnapping of Dr. Ellsworth. I have never started a novel before with so many questions in my head.

I love memoirs, especially when they are about the regular, every day sort, even though that description is far from who Dr. Ellsworth really is. Their are really no "good" words to say how much I love this book. It was fascinating to find out all the different sides to this woman, to learn the things that she had gone through and been part of. The book starts out pretty crazy, then gets a little slow, but quickly picks up the pace again once Ross meets her. She is such an interesting person and I loved the stories that were told about her, the impression she left on this young man, and being able to see what he saw in her through his eyes. Definitely an interesting story and one that I had a hard time putting down. I just wanted to know more and more about her, and the author did not disappoint.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my own personal impressions of the book.