They Call Me Crazy

They Call Me Crazy - Kelly Stone Gamble

The story opens with Cass burying something in her backyard in the middle of the night. And if you're like me, a person who never seems to finish reading book descriptions, then you'll be as shocked as I was when you find out what it is. In just a few pages, you're sucked into a crazy, and sometimes hilarious, mystery into the death of Roland, a guy who has a side to him a lot of people are not familiar with.

Each chapter in this novel is from the point of view of a different character, and it was done really well. It was cool getting to know Roland, Cass, and everyone else, from the eyes of several people in this small town. As with any small town, everyone knows what is going on, but some people are really good at covering up their secrets, and it takes a murder - and the investigation of that murder - to bring those secrets out in the open.

The author does a great job with the characters in this book. At first, you may not like some characters, but that's only because you don't have the full story about them. Once you start getting to know them, though, you start to see that everyone is not what they seem, especially Cass. I was not sure about her until the night she got arrested (you'll have to read the book to find out what I'm talking about). My favorites were Clay, Shaylene, Grams, and the therapist.

There were lots of twists and turns that were not expected, and I really like the funeral and how things were ended.

Great story!! And I definitely plan to keep my eye on this author!!

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my own personal impressions of the book.