The Diabolical Miss Hyde

The Diabolical Miss Hyde: An Electric Empire Novel (Electric Empire Novels) - Viola Carr

I have this obsession with Steampunk - art, gadgets, wardrobe, lifestyle, etc - so when a book comes across my desk, I just can't help myself - I have to read it. This one especially so because it's another look at the Jekyll and Hyde story, this time a woman.

I absolutely love the cover - THIS is a physical book that I need for my shelves.

Before the story begins, there is a "playbill," giving you a little look-see at the main characters in the book. Such a cool addition to the story. More people should do this.

I really enjoyed this book, from start to finish. The characters are fun and memorable, the murders and mystery were attention grabbing, the setting a perfect backdrop for the story. This was a great beginning of a series that I can't wait to finish.

I really like how the story was told - there is a narrator for most of the story, but when Lizzie is running loose, you get to see things from her perspective, and even hear her voice in Eliza's head.

My favorite characters are Lizzy (she is amazing) , Malachi Todd/Razor Jack (there is just something about him) and Hippocrates (oh so cute).

This is DEFINITELY my favorite book so far this year.

Note: I received a copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Please remember that this review is my opinion based on my own personal impression of the book.