The Boy Who Couldn't Cry Wolf

The Boy Who Couldn't Cry Wolf - Caldric Blackwell, Emma Phillips

Anyone who follows my reviews knows that I love children's books. I have always loved sharing these stories with young ones, starting way back when I used to read to my little sister. My favorite ones are those that teach the child something, especially if it's a lesson learned about life, and about themselves.

This story has a lesson to learn and Byron, though embarrassed to share the fact that he can't howl with others, goes to some adults that he trusts to ask his questions. So, beyond the lesson learned in the end, it also teaches children that, if you have a problem, whether it's big or little, you should always try asking an adult for help.

The kids really enjoyed learning about Byron. And in the end they were very proud of him and what he learned. They liked the artwork (as did I - I love it when the artwork in a child's book looks as if a child did it - or, even better, IS done by a child) and have asked to read the book several times.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.