Carol Childs Mystery 1: Shadow of Doubt

Shadow of Doubt - Nancy Cole Silverman

I am one for covers, analyzing them, enjoying them, and really seeing how they fit in with the story. I have even been known to choose a book based solely on the cover. I know you shouldn't judge a book by one (isn't that what the old saying is?), but sometimes I just can't help it - ignoring covers that are so bad they completely turn me off of the book, grabbing up one with an amazing cover hoping that the inside story will be just as good as the cover - or even better. I love how the author did her cover. It has a bit of an art deco look to it and really caught my attention. The book description is interesting and sounded like my kind of mystery - I wanted to know where this was going to go before even opening up the book. As I flipped through the pages toward the story, I went to skim her acknowledgement page and, I must say, it is one of the sweetest ones I've read yet.

The story is an awesome mystery and an adventure that was fun to read, one filled with characters that I liked reading about. The prologue (where the death, which was uniquely done, occurs) pulls you in and, before you know it, you've been sitting there a lot longer than you had planned and the book is almost over. It was fun trying to see if I could put the clues together and find out who did it before the end. A well written story - I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out!!

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.