The Perfect Christmas

The Perfect Christmas - Kate Forster

According to NetGalley and Goodreads, this book was published in September, but I cannot find it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble, so I can only assume that something happened to push that back. That's really sad because if I was going to recommend any holiday romance this year, it would DEFINITELY be this one. I am not a fan of romance, for many reasons, but this book is what romance SHOULD be and if they were all like this one, I could see myself changing my mind about the whole genre.

First of all, look at that cover. (Yes, me again with my cover infatuation.) It's simple, well done ... and makes me wonder what is inside.

Second of all, it is a clean romance. It's not lust or sex, but truly a love - well, a love that hasn't really had a chance to come together yet. Which is where Maggie and Zoe come in. They meet Holly when they take a spur of the moment trip to London (to get away from work, away from sadness, away from empty homes) - she works at the hotel they are staying in and it is her job to make sure that they have everything they need.

Third of all, the characters are awesome!! The friendship between Maggie and Zoe is awesome - they know each other so well and not only are there for each other, but encourage each other to be better and to do what they need to do for themselves. I love how Maggie wants to help people and make sure that they have a wonderful holiday - and the things that her and Zoe do to make Holly's dream come true was so much fun to read.

A great story. Well written. Kate Forster is definitely an author I plan to keep my eye on - even if she does write romance :)

Note: I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.