A Snowflake's Chance in Hell

A Snowflake's Chance in Hell - Amy Romine

The author of this book sent me an email asking me if I would be interested in reading her story because she enjoyed a review I did on a holiday romance last year. I skimmed the summary and decided to give it a try. I'm not really a fan of romances, but something about this time of year (I blame it on the holidays and the weather) makes me believe just a little ... and I find myself reading holiday romance novellas ... and sometimes even enjoying them.

This is a good story. Quinn is looking for her long-lost brother and shows up in Gunnery Seargent McCaulson's office needing his help. Gunny needs something to give his life meaning and decides to help her out. The romance and search for her brother was beautiful and I thought the ending was great.

My issue was the fact that, after only a day or two, they were already in bed together (with a detailed explanation of what they did, and sex talk during it that I found really awkward). For me, it completely took away from the story that was being told and ruined it for me. Now, I know that a lot of people like that in their romance, so if you don't have a problem with that, then go ahead and give this book a read.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.