Necromancer

Necromancer - Graeme Ing

I won't lie - this is another one of those "Wow what a cover!" moments. I read the email, saw the cover, read the first few lines of the description ... and went on to take care of some other things, leaving the email in my inbox for a couple of hours. I could not get the cover out of my mind.

Having caught my attention in such a big way, I decided to give it a try. And I'm glad I did.

This story had me from the beginning - interesting, different and mysterious, with a fun adventure, a captivating mystery, and two quirky main characters who I really enjoyed reading about. The author did a great job with his descriptions and the book was well written. Even though it is listed as a dark fantasy and horror - and there are some dark parts - I like that the story didn't feel heavy.

The main character, Maldren, is my favorite. I don't know why, but he kind of reminds me of an old PI from the 30s and 40s. Maybe it was his smart-allick attitude. Not sure. But definitely an enjoyable read.

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.