Neurian Scriptures 1: Alpha Hunters

Alpha Hunter (Neurian Scriptures) (Volume 1) - G. S. Luckett, Joshua Minnis

At first I was not going to read this book. The book description on Amazon (which you can see above with a little bit of editing) was all over the place and poorly proofread. The storyline sounded intriguing, though, the vampires were 18th century ones, and it was only 96 pages, so I decided to give it a go.

This is an interesting and exciting story, but the writing and lack of editing makes it rough, sometimes difficult to read. It could definitely use some cleaning up, some tightening of the story, and some editing to fix the punctuation problems and the repetitive sentences. There are parts of the story that, even though they should be exciting with vampires and vampire hunters and all that good stuff, just seem a bit boring.

That being said, I did enjoy the characters and was impressed that the vampires were evil bastards, the way they should be. The whole idea of Alexander was a win and I liked how mysterious he was.

I do plan to read the next one in the series to find out more. This could be a much better story if the author will take the time to have it edited (there are lots of freelance ones out there).

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.