Patience Price Mysteries 3: Murder in Real Time

Murder in Real Time (The Patience Price Mysteries) - Julie Anne Lindsey

I am a big fan of mysteries (ever since I was young) and have really taken to this cozy mystery genre. They're fun and playful - and the main characters all seem to have a sweet side to them. They're a great book to just sit around lazily reading on a Sunday - they're easy and "cozy," and keep you reading until the book is finished.

This book is no different. I really like Patience and her best friend, Claire. They are a lot of fun and Patience has that sarcastic quality that I like in a character. Each person we are introduced to that live on this smile little island have a quirky air to them and the author lets you learn about them through their interactions with each other instead of a massive info dump that a lot of people do. The mystery is interesting and kept me flipping the pages until the end, wanting to know who was doing this and why. I also really liked the way the author tells the story. She's creative with it and I felt like I was one of the islanders through most of the story.

I have not read the first two in this series, so there were a few things (like when they discuss the couple of weeks before this book begins, the uncomfortable and not always nice between the two main male characters) that left me a little confused, but I was quickly pulled into this mystery and don't feel like I missed out on anything. (She has intrigued me, though, so I plan to go back and read the first two.)

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.